Practicing for more than 10 years in Mexico and the United States of America, have represented U.S. and non-U.S. corporations/financial institutions and has a special focus on Latin America. Expertise in a wide variety of practice areas, including general corporate practice (acting as counsel for the incorporation, transformation, dissolution and liquidation of all types of commercial companies, as well as non-commercial associations, to the structuring, integration and operation of commercial groups and conglomerates and holding companies as well as their restructures), mergers & acquisitions (acting as counsel to financial and banking institutions participating as lenders in leveraged transactions, and as counsel for investment bankers), banking and financial services (counsel to domestic and foreign entities for the authorization, incorporation, organization and operation of financial institutions in Mexico and abroad), capital markets (), project finance (representing financial institutions participating as lenders as well as other entities involved), real estate and hospitality (assist and represent clients in connection with the acquisition, financing, leasing and sale of real property and the creation of industrial, commercial, tourism and residential complexes), debt restructure and bankruptcy (advice and representation of creditors and debtors range from general advice on the matter, to the submission of recognition of credits (regarding lenders), promotion of appeals and negotiation of bankruptcy agreements), antitrust (particularly in connection with the process of notifying concentrations, investigations and procedures derived from alleged monopolistic practices and unlawful concentrations), intellectual property (counsel to clients in connection with the registration of copyrights, trademarks, license agreements, among others) and labor (assist clients in connection with labor substitutions, employees liquidation and due diligence process).
Expertise in general corporate practice, mergers & acquisitions, banking and financial services, project finance, real estate and hospitality, capital markets, debt restructure and bankruptcy, antitrust, intellectual property and labor. Working primarily in structuring and negotiating the project documents for mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, shareholders agreements and private and public offerings.
- Debt restructuring of Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V. and SANLUIS Corporación, S.A.B. de C.V. representing Fintech Investments Ltd.
- Debt issuance for an amount of up to $20,000’000,000.00 Pesos representing HSBC
- Negotiating terms and conditions of financing documents in connection with Project Nuevo PEMEX in favor of Abengoa Cogeneración Tabasco on behalf of Banco Santander, S.A.
- Negotiating the terms and conditions and elaboration of the documentation in connection with the joint venture to participate in Impulsora de Desarrollo Integral, S.A. de C.V. (Construction Company) representing Mota-Engil Engenharia e Construção, S.A. & Opway Engenharia, S.A.
- Corporate restructure of the Mexican subsidiaries of Siemens Group and drafting and reviewing the project documents.
- Acquisition of the shares representing the capital stock of FEMSA Cerveza, S.A. de C.V. (Beer business of FEMSA) representing Heineken.
- Acquisition of the shares of Minera Media Luna, S.A. de C.V. and Minera Teck, S.A. de C.V. (subsidiaries of Teck Cominco Limited) representing Gleichen Resurces Limited.
- Acquisition of 100% of the shares representing the capital stock of PUMA México Sport, S.A. de C.V. representing PUMA AG
- Negotiating the terms and conditions and elaboration of the subscription agreements in connection with the joint venture entered by SaberLite and Latin Idea Mexico Venture Capital Fund II, L.P. representing Mexican and foreign individuals
Education and qualifications
Universidad Iberoamericana, A.C.; J.D. Equivalent - Licenciatura en Derecho; Professional License No. 4079997.
Participated in several seminars in the Practising Law Institute in New York, such as Pocket MBA for Lawyers 2008, Hedge Funds 2008, Advanced Venture Capital 2008, Private Placements 2008, Asset Based Financing 2008, Drafting and Negotiating Construction Contracts 2008, Drafting Corporate Agreements, Private Equity Acquisition Financing Summit 2008, Equity Investments in US Financial Institutions 2008: New Acquisition Interests and Structures, Mergers & Acquisitions 2008: Trends and Developments, Structured Finance in M&A and Private Equity Transactions 2008, Understanding the Basics of Bankruptcy / Reorganization 2007 and Securities Offerings 2007. Other seminars include, among others, (i) Financing for Non-financing Executives (Finanzas para Ejecutivos No Financieros). Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México. C.P. Benito Revah and (ii) How to prepare a financial study? (¿Cómo se hace un correcto diagnóstico financiero?). Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México. M.A. Sylvia Meljem Enríquez de Rivera – Accounting Manager.
Alternative Latin Investors, Business Focus: Argentina, Panama and Mexico – Investing in Onshore Latin American Assets.
Financing for Mining Projects - Linterna Minera